Dates: Built in 1960. Dedicated May 26, 1962.
Quote: Robert A. Currie, College Business Manager, recently released
details of the construction of Davidson’s new dormitory. The building will be
composed of sixty-two, two man rooms with a large lounge at the main entrance
to the first floor. . . . Each room will be 14 feet 8 inches long and
eleven feet nine inches wide and will have one window. The floors will be
vinyl tile. The walls are to a light green color with darker green baseboards
and radiators. . . . The beds in each room will fit between the wall unit and
the desks at the end of the room, parallel to the wall. This
“built-in” effect is a major change from the present dormitories
where beds project into the middle of the room with their heads at the walls. “College
Proudly Plans New Upperclass Dorm.” Davidsonian. 23 October 1959: 4.
Named for: Lunsford Richardson, class of 1875, Lunsford Richardson,
Jr., class of 1914, and H. Smith Richardson, class of 1906.