Dates: Built as Post Office in 1957. Remodeled in 1984.
Quote: Both the College and community will use a new $55,000 post office being constructed
alongside old Carolina Inn on Main Street. The one-story, neo-classical building, leased to the
Post Office Department for 20 years, is so designed to make it adaptable to institutional purposes
at the end of the lease if the College desires. “Post Office,” Davidson College Bulletin, December 1957, p. 7.