The short film Always Part of the Fabric was decided to show an overview of the many ways that African-Americans have shaped Davidson college from its beginnings to the present day. To see and learn more about the experience African-American at Davidson, by time-period see:
- Home: Always Part of the Fabric: African-Americans at Davidson College
- 1837-1865: African-Americans at Davidson from the founding of the college to the Civil War.
- 1865-1900: African-Americans at Davidson from emancipation to the turn of the twentieth century.
- 1901-1962: African-Americans at Davidson from the turn of the twentieth century to the admission of the first African student, Ben Nzengu (from the Congo).
- 1962-Present: The history African-American students at Davidson, beginning with the story of Ben Nzengu, Davidson’s first African student.